The Environmental and Land Use Practice Group
When Experience Counts, Turn to Us
For decades, principal environmental lawyer Frederick Eisenbud has provided responsive, smart and cost-effective solutions for the environmental law and litigation concerns of individuals, companies, municipalities and community groups. Whether you have been charged with an environmental violation, unfairly been denied an environmental permit, need guidance with a brownfield or environmental cleanup, or assistance to resolve environmental problems arising during the sale of commercial property, require assistance with cost-recovery litigation, or to defend against alleged environmental crimes, turn to the Environmental and Land Use Practice Group of Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP for experienced representation you can count on. Contact us to schedule your consultation.
The Environmental and Land Use Practice Group of Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP is dedicated to offering clients excellent personal service that is responsive to their needs and goals at a reasonable price. Our attorneys have a unique blend of experience and perspective that spans criminal and civil litigation, trial and appellate work, and private and public legal practice that few practitioners can offer.
About the Environmental and Land Use Practice Group
Our practice focuses primarily on all aspects of environmental law, including civil cost recovery claims, litigation (hazardous waste and oil spill cases), State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) issues, environmental crimes defense, Department of Environmental Conservation (DEC) administrative violation defense (including wetlands, pesticides, solid waste, and petroleum bulk storage regulation violations), County Sanitary Code violation defense, DEC permitting issues, environmental problems arising in the context of commercial real estate transactions, municipal litigation (Article 78's), civil litigation, and civil and administrative appeals.
The Environmental and Land Use Practice Group is pleased is pleased to serve Of Counsel to members of the bar when environmental issues arise in cases and transactions they are handling. We also serve as Special Counsel to municipalities, school districts and water districts in cases involving environmental laws and regulations.
About the Environmental and Land Use Practice Group's Chair
Chair of the Environmental Practice and Land Use Group, Fred Eisenbud, has a depth and breadth of experience that provide him with a comprehensive understanding of environmental law. He has worked for decades in both the government and private sector and taught Environmental Law at Touro Law School as an adjunct professor. A past member of the Board of Directors of the Suffolk County Bar Association, he served as co-chair of The Suffolk County Bar Association's Environmental Law Committee multiple times, is a Director of the Hauppauge Industrial Association (HIA-LI) and served for more than ten years as co-chair of HIA-LI's Environmental Committee. He lectures frequently to County and State Bar Associations on a wide variety of environmental law and practice issues.
About the Environmental and Land Use Practice Group's Practice Areas
The Environmental and Land Use Practice Group of Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP effectively represents individuals, companies, municipalities and community groups throughout Long Island, New York City, Westchester County and Rockland County in all aspects of administrative, civil, and criminal environmental law and litigation, land use matters, and complex civil and municipal litigation. The Environmental and Land Use Practice Group of Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP is dedicated to offering clients excellent personal service that is responsive to their needs and goals at a reasonable price. Our attorneys have a unique blend of experience and perspective that spans criminal and civil litigation, trial and appellate work, and private and public legal practice that few practitioners can offer. We invite you to contact our firm to schedule your consultation with one of our experienced attorneys regarding any of the following matters:
- Environmental Litigation: The Environmental and Land Use Practice Group helps clients efficiently and effectively resolve environmental law and related disputes. We handle matters including civil cost recovery litigation, State Environmental Quality Review Act (SEQRA) and environmental crimes defense.
- Brownfields and Environmental Cleanup: We assist potential purchasers of contaminated Brownfield sites to resolve various environmental problems in commercial real estate transactions, including Brownfields applications and environmental cleanup, and insurance claims arising from contaminated properties.
- Administrative Violations: The Environmental and Land Use Practice Group represents clients in the defense of federal, state and local administrative violations. We also effectively assists client in navigating and overcoming roadblocks that can arise during the permitting process.
- Municipal Litigation: The Environmental and Land Use Practice Group is pleased to serve as counsel to developers or applicants with land use applications, or to challenge denials of such applications by municipal agencies and boards by means of Article 78 petitions, and, in appropriate cases, civil rights deprivation law suits for damages pursuant to 42 U.S.C. §1983. In addition, we serve as Special Counsel to municipalities to defend against all such challenges, especially those involving complex factual and legal issues associated with land use decisions and laws.
- Civil Litigation: In addition to Municipal Litigation, the Environmental and Land Use Practice Group will commence or defend law suits to resolve civil disputes between private parties, however complex the dispute may be.
- Environmental Insurance Claims: Our experienced attorneys can assist clients to file environmental insurance claims, will review denials of insurance coverage, and if unwarranted, represent clients to obtain the coverage they are entitled to.
- Civil and Criminal Appeals: Attorney Fred Eisenbud started his legal career as a criminal appellate lawyer, first with the United States Department of Justice and then with the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office. He continued to handle complex appeals while serving as Deputy Chief of the Federal and General Litigation Bureau of the Suffolk County Attorney's Office, and thereafter in private practice. Fred has filed briefs and petitions for certiorari with the United States Supreme Court, and has argued cases in five different Federal Circuit Courts of Appeal, the New York Court of Appeals, and in the First, Second and Third Departments of the Appellate Division of the New York Supreme Court.
Campolo, Middleton & McCormick, LLP offers experienced legal counsel in numerous areas unrelated to Environmental Law, including:
- Corporate Law
- Economic Development
- International Regulation, Enforcement & Compliance
To schedule a consultation concerning any of Campolo, Middleton & McCormick’s practice areas, please contact Frederick Eisenbud at the Environmental and Land Use Practice Group.
Now accepting credit cards.